Grinders Scholarship Program
TGK Athletics and Sponsoring Companies have partnered to provide scholarship opportunities to all children, who otherwise would not be able to participate in TGK Athletics programs due to financial hardship. The number of scholarships that are granted each year is at the sole discretion of TGK Athletics and “Sponsoring Companies.” It is the intent of the “Grinders” Scholarship Program to significantly decrease the likelihood of a child not being able to participate in our programs due to financial hardship.
Scholarship applications must be submitted to TGK Athletics at least three weeks prior to the registration deadline. Scholarships will be awarded approximately one week prior to the registration deadline. The Scholarship Committee, which is comprised of representatives from TGK Athletics board and Sponsoring Companies, will consider all complete applications received by the application deadline. The number of scholarships awarded will be based on the funding available each year and the number of qualified applicants. TGK Athletics and the Sponsoring Companies reserve the right to award partial scholarships. Scholarship funds shall be used for TGK Athletics program base fees only. Ancillary costs associated with participation are not covered by scholarship funds and will be the responsibility of the applicant if scholarship funds are awarded.
The awarding of scholarships each year is at the sole discretion of the Sponsoring Companies and TGK Athletics. The criteria used in the evaluation of each applicant includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Athlete must commit to attend at least 90% of scheduled practices and games.
- Athlete’s parent/guardian must commit to a minimum of 10 hours of volunteer service to TGK Athletics.
The Scholarship Committee may notify applicants of missing information, it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure all information is provided.
Strong consideration will be given to applicants meeting one or more of the following criteria. Applicants are asked to provide as much information as possible when submitting their application in order to assist the Scholarship Committee in the determination of hardship.
- Applicant is participating in the Free and Reduced Lunch Program.
- Applicant is receiving assistance from programs such as: Food Stamps, Medicaid, SSI, Foster Care, WIC. etc. (Must provide written documentation of participation in these programs).
- Written recommendation by a school representative, social worker, youth community center worker or other social services representative.
- Applicant submits other documentation demonstrating an immediate financial hardship.
Application must be completed by a parent, guardian or head of household, with all requested information provided. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Grinders Scholarship Program
TGK Athletics and the Sponsoring Companies do not discriminate based on gender, race, class, ethnic background, sexual orientation, physical ability, or cultural or religious backgrounds.